Job Profile Name: Designer
Reporting to: Creative Director & Head of Production and Studio. Managed day to day by the Lead Exhibition Designer
Management Level: Midweight
Christie’s is searching for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, resourceful and confident designer to join our talented and creative team. The role will suit a versatile quick-thinker and team player with innovative design ideas to help us push and stay ahead of the curve in the art market. The successful candidate will have 3D skills with a keen attention to detail, a proven ability to follow creative direction and interpret briefs to ensure corporate spaces and galleries with themed displays reflect brand guidelines. The candidate will have experience in exhibitions/expo and event, screen display specifically and every day design for a variety of projects from environmental graphics to multimedia and signage along with regular window displays, online and print advertising.
To create and deliver exhibition/event experiences to meet client briefs beyond expectations for immersive engagement. To bring new techniques and range of 3D development skills to create outstanding exhibitions and multimedia displays across Christie’s salerooms and offices. To easily work collaboratively within a talented and multi-skilled team across marketing.
1. Working to the Lead Exhibition Designer, design, plan, organise, schedule and supervise all aspects of exhibition projects, environmental graphics, signage, event driven multimedia and windows to ensure the best creative solutions are realised, implemented and delivered to budget.
2. Create interactive experiences in windows, salerooms and galleries.
3. Develop concepts, present ideas/boards, prototypes, templating, design and art working.
4. Deliver moving images and animation in an exhibition context.
5. Responsible and confident in delivering quality design and projects from concept, throughout all phases to delivery of the project.
1. Visualisation of concepts in presentations.
2. Creation of exhibition layouts to scale, detailed plans and elevations for build to put out to tender with schedules and timelines.
3. Multimedia solutions for presenting trailers.
4. Development of usable display guidelines for sharing corporately and across regions, strategic partners, individuals and institutions.
5. Forge strong relationships with Specialists, Operations and third-party contractors for quality service delivery and best market prices.
Key Performance Indicators & Business Outcomes:
· Increase exhibition attendance and client engagement.
· Social buzz
· Auction registration
Skills & Experience
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience creating exhibitions/ expo events for galleries, museums or retail
· Have a strong understanding of how a brand is expressed in graphic, 3D architectural and industrial design, and integrated across multiple platforms
· Solid understanding of type, layout and general graphic design
· Knowledge of digital technologies, platforms and channels of delivery for events
· Strong knowledge and understanding of materials
· Strong proof of concept, rapid prototyping, storyboarding and technical skills
· Fundamentals of UI design
· Expert with Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator), Vectorworks Designer programme and highly skilled in producing creative concepts.
· Strong knowledge visual/interactive/motion design trends
· Taking design files (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator) to final production.
· Proactive, take the initiative to get things done
· Experience of working with Marketing Managers to communicate clearly and ensure projects are feasible within set timescales and budgets.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills both written and spoken.
· Ability to function independently and in a team environment
· Experience of working to tight deadlines and ability to remain calm against pressure-driven schedules.
· Collaborate easily and effectively with teams and across groups.
· Proficient on Mac platform
· Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure in a high energy environment whilst undertaking a variety of projects at different stages of development.
· Very high attention to detail
· Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and V-Ray plug-in.
· HTML5 capability
· Languages: French and Chinese
CLOSING DATE: 26TH NOVEMBER