We are increasing our pool of regular freelance studio photographers and are looking for an experienced, proactive and energetic photographer with at least 3 years experience in studio lighting. Knowledge of the art industry an advantage.
To photograph primarily 2D and 3D works of art at our central London and Park Royal studios as well as on location, spinsets, art installations, views, live auctions, events, portraits etc.
To produce images for our printed and online catalogues as well as Marketing and Social Media.
- Fast and accurate capture of the wide range of Fine Art, Luxury, Collectors and Decorative Arts sold at Christie’s
- Able to follow our specific lighting recipes and Style Guides to match Christie’s very high standards of quality and productivity
- Pass on image processing tasks to image editors and concentrate on shooting
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Wide range of studio lighting techniques is essential, i.e., paintings, sculpture, silver, jewelry, furniture, porcelain, wine, carpets, glass, etc.
- Proficiency large, medium and DSLR formats, associated software, PhotoShop and Mac environment
- Flash and continuous lighting experience.
- Must be creative, resourceful and very organized with an accurate eye for colour
- Excellent file management
- Business awareness: strike the right balance between quality of work and number of shots per hour in order to hit constant deadlines
- Used to high volume catalogue environment
- Calmness under pressure and high interpersonal skills
- Experience in handling/moving delicate and heavy works of art
Closing date: 10th December