DIGITAL PUBLISHING MANAGER
Christie’s, the world’s largest Art Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation. . Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
Christie’s has embarked on an exciting project to modernize and fully digitize our Publishing capabilities. To this end, we are rolling out a state of the art cross-channel publishing platform that will allow us to easily and dynamically deliver personalized content across multiple channels, devices and languages. As a global company this will form an essential plank of our client engagement strategy for years to come. The Digital Publishing Manager will play a crucial role in delivering this vision, both at launch and beyond.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
Initial Implementation of Digital Publishing System
- Contribute to and help manage the strategy, process and timeline for Christie’s Digital Publishing tools rollout
- Develop process design and change management strategy (including regular feedback mechanism) to business stakeholders
- Advocate for the system and embody the vision we have for improving how we do business
- Gather and analyse workflow data; make recommendations for new workflow processes and efficiencies
- Prioritize any implementation conflicts within the business domain
- Act as primary point of contact to the corporate stakeholders, providing voice of the business, to drive improved relationships
- Provide stakeholders with options for departmental needs and showcase enhanced capabilities within the digital publishing suite
- Partner with IT, Operations and other teams to ensure the successful deployment of new and existing digital publishing services, including proactively socializing new services to stakeholders and driving adoption
- Continually monitor and evaluate optimal service utilization and customer satisfaction metrics
- Meet regularly with assigned publishing team leads to assess capacity, issues resolution, pipeline, budget, and training needs
- Maintain cadence of stakeholder meetings, agendas, materials and prioritize outcomes and requirements-ensure documentation of outcomes and program plans are communicated to downstream publishing team as appropriate
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure accurate and appropriate training and tools support
Ongoing Improvements and New Technologies
- Stay abreast of new technologies in the field.
- Identify and proactively drive improvement opportunities with users of digital publishing, driving efficiencies and optimizing service delivery, including driving new features or enhancements to existing tools and processes
- Strong project and program management skills and experience
- Proficient in digital environments and able to quickly understand new technologies
- Knowledge of the publishing marketplace & trends and how publishing systems can be exploited to provide commercial benefits
- Demonstrate creativity and thought leadership, and use experience to convince users of the suitability of proposed solutions
- Able to work collaboratively with project stakeholders at all levels and demonstrate sound facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to simplify complex ideas and present these back to the customer in a way that they can understand and at an appropriate level of detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and recommendations to all levels of staff via presentations, walkthroughs and one-to-ones
- Able to learn new concepts quickly and demonstrate effective logical, problem-solving skills and envision how new solutions can work within existing Christie’s framework
- Be customer focused with strong interpersonal and networking skills, and establish and maintain solid, trusting relationships with project stakeholders at all levels
- Must have good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills – able to undertake several relationship engagements concurrently and appropriate set priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to innovatively solve business problems, exercising pragmatism where appropriate, and be confident to challenge the status quo and any pre-conceived notions of the causes of the problem and possible solutions.
- Be quality driven and take ownership of problems and issues and seek to proactively resolve
- Comprehensive Medical ,Dental and Vision care plans for employees and dependents (Generally Christie’s pays 80% of total premiums )
- 401k Savings Plan - Christie’s matches dollar for dollar on the first 5% an employee elects to contribute.
- Life Insurance - 3x base salary up to $400k (100% paid by Christie’s)
- Disability Insurance (100% paid by Christie’s)
- Generous time-off and leave policies; including 6 weeks paid Parental/Child Bonding Leave
- Robust Wellness Program
- Onsite weekly yoga class
- Discounted or subsidized Gym Memberships to Equinox, NYSC & NYHRC
- Annual Performance Bonus plan
- Commuter Benefits - Pre-tax money towards your daily commute with a Christie’s contribution of $21 per month
- Back Up Child & Elder Care - Each employee receives up to 10 days of back-up Child or Elder Care through Bright Horizons
- ‘Art & Soul’ – Each employee receives one paid day per year to dedicate their time to a charity of their choice
For further details on Christie’s generous benefits offerings, please visit www.christiesbenefits.com (ID:Christies, Password, Wellness)
*Christie’s reserves the right to change company benefits at any time
Christie’s, Inc. is committed to principles of equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, Christie’s Inc. ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability status for service in the United States Armed Forces.
CLOSING DATE: December 8th