Business Intelligence Analyst, Asian Art
Responsible for conducting research on Asian art category, market, auction and Asian Art top collectors, record research findings, conducting relevant analyses, and providing key insights, to support Christie’s client coverage and client engagement efforts.
1. Sale Support
- Generate pre-sale client targeting, seeking guidance from BI managers or specialists using their knowledge of the category and utilising all central research tools.
- Conduct research to identify high potential clients in Asian art category at upcoming global sales (external & internal), and identify Asian art buying potentials
- Support specialists and business getters in client outreach for sales
- Prepare post-sale transactions analyses and reports for the Client Strategy Director and ensure they are available in a timely manner (e.g. Sale flash reports)
2. Research, Analyses and Data Management
- Conduct research on Asian art category, objects, market, auction and Asian Art top collectors, and record in database. Present researched data in appropriate format as required.
- Ensure relevant client information, object information, competitors sales & events information are captured in the database, maintain and update records and databases adhering to corporate framework and guidelines
- Mines data across Christie’s databases, files, and catalogues to support campaigns, consignment and selling efforts
- Generate reports, to support client development and object opportunities as required
- Debrief business getters on return from client visit, to gather client and object information, help follow-up on action points, record strategic information, maintain interests and wish lists
- Provide tactical and bespoke campaign data
- Conducts analysis to identify additional opportunities post pre-sale cycle
- Manage top clients and collections lists
3. Administration and other departmental support
- Provides administrative support to Client Strategy Director and Business Intelligent Manager as required
- Work with peer group on information sharing, identifying business opportunities and recording information for client strategy purposes.
- Ensure key stakeholders e.g. CSD, BIM(s), CTLs are aware of key events (e.g. competitors previews & sales, art fairs, gallery exhibitions, etc.) and opportunities on a timely basis
- Follow up, track and record action points and deliverables from meetings
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above, from a recognized University
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English, Mandarin & Cantonese
- Advanced user of database and analysis tool (ie. Excel)
- Advanced user of presentation tool (ie. power-point)
- Experience of manipulating large transactional data sets
- Basic knowledge of Asian art – works of art, Chinese painting, Asian contemporary; or strong interests in the category.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Approach to continuous improvement and best practise
Closing Date: Sunday November 19th, 2017