Department Coordinator, Post War & Contemporary Art
PRIMARY FUNCTION/POSITION SUMMARY:
The function of this role is to assist group business getters with managing client relationships through comprehensive administrative support. The duties are varied, and will follow the cycle of the sales calendar as well as certain duties to support overall department activity. Office management execution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Manage diary scheduling including all meetings and travel
- Compose and edit client communications as required
- Manage client relationship including meeting arrangements, mailings, correspondence and actions point for follow-up visits
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls
- Greet clients on behalf of business getter
- Possess a deep and intimate familiarity with all active and prospective clients and their collections, including anticipating and responding to their needs.
- Work closely, efficiently, and effectively with other specialist departments including international and regional offices, external organizations, individuals, and institutions.
- Enter opportunity details in COS
- Track photo inquiries
- Provide appraisals support, which includes liaising with clients, specialists and other internal departments.
- Provide support in creating proposals and pitches, which includes gathering item details and images
- Prepare summary sale information packet for internal use
- Create purchase orders and sundry invoices, as required
- Manage and book travel
- Reconcile and submit corporate card expenses for approval using internal system
- Manage courier requests
- Troubleshoot office setup issues and equipment issues
- Submit requirements for new staff set-up
- Manage departmental supplies
- Exceptional client service skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated with superiors, clients and peers
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and sites
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to creatively problem solves
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Outlook and COS and some knowledge of JDE