Being part of the Christie’s team is an enriching experience. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Departments, or in our more operational focused roles, we are all working together with one common goal in mind; to continue the success of this 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values. Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
The Art Law and Dispute Resolution teams of Christie’s in-house legal department are currently seeking part-time interns for the Fall semester of 2017. Please note this position is an externship (unpaid and for academic credit only). Practice areas: Business Law, Commercial Law, Contracts, Dispute Resolution
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Dispute Resolution interns assist General Counsel with the resolution of legal disputes in a variety of forums including litigation, mediation, arbitration, and negotiation. Subjects that are commonly addressed include restitution, cultural property, authenticity and provenance disputes, as well as generalized corporate and employment law disputes. Intern duties include drafting legal memos, participating in litigation discovery, and art-market related legal research, among other tasks.
- Art Law interns provide support for Christie’s in-house transactional attorneys. Interns will work with corporate counsel and directly with specialist departments to draft and edit consignment agreements, employment contracts, leases and vendor contracts, and will provide assistance with legal research, writing other legal documents and correspondence.
- Candidates must be currently actively enrolled and pursuing law degree – preferred class levels: L2, L3, LLM, but will consider other qualified candidates at L1.
- Strong legal research and legal writing skills required
- Interest in The Art, Luxury, disputes and transactional practice preferred.
- Must provide letter from law school to show that the class credit will be granted
- This is unpaid internship position – for school credit only
Closing Date; Sunday, August 6th