GALLERY ASSISTANT, ASIA WEEK (TEMP) - OPERATIONS
Christie’s, the world’s largest Art Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation.
Gallery Assistants (Asia Week) are a team of part-time staff that delivers exceptional client service to internal and external clients in the galleries and coat check in New York at 20 Rockefeller Plaza during Asia Week in September and March. They liaise with specialists and operations departments when necessary to ensure clients’ queries and issues are handled as promptly and efficiently as possible, often communicating with clients and visitors in Mandarin.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Answer clients’ inquiries about sales and views, and respond to general questions regarding the auction process.
- Staff the galleries and/or coat check during sale viewings and on sale days.
- Act as greeters and direct clients inside and outside the Rockefeller Center and Long Island City locations
- Provide superior client service through gracious and attentive demeanor, prompt assistance, and by treating all Christie's clients in the most helpful and cordial manner.
- Locate and sometimes handle property kept on display during viewing hours.
- Assist Security in guarding the property on view by keeping an alert and watchful eye on the viewing area.
- Ensure the tidiness of galleries and coat check.
- Liaise with Client Service staff to obtain condition reports and/or catalogues and supplies for clients.
- Consistently share client feedback with Client Service team and Supervisor.
- Wear Christie’s garments while on duty and follow dress code policy.
- Take direction from the Client Service Supervisory team or specialists to assist with the view and/or clients.
- Flexible approach to job role and working hours, including weekend availability, is essential
- Demonstrated experience in delivering excellent client service in a commercial environment, including active listening, empathy and patience
- Highest standard of confidentiality, discretion and work ethic
- Strong general IT skills
- Required to stand throughout the duration of the shift, except during breaks
- Ability to feel comfortable in public greeting and escorting clients within the physical premises
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, Fine and Decorative Arts
- Excellent standards of self-presentation with a friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming disposition
- Confident, positive and dynamic attitude
- Commitment to punctual attendance
- Excellent communication skills (particularly in spoken English)
- Fluency in Mandarin is required; other Asian Languages Preferred
Closing Date; Monday, August 7th